
We went to our friends' cabin this weekend and spent some time on the ice.
Look--Steve on skates with a hockey stick!

D and M are taking ice skating lessons, but M was a little unsteady still at the start of the weekend.

Our friend Steve gave the kids bucket rides--definitely one of their favorite things!


The kiddos.

Once we gave M a hockey stick, something just clicked in him with skating. He loved chasing the puck and hitting it with his stick and was able to actually skate around so much better than at the start of the weekend. Yeah, sure, he fell flat on his face and started bleeding once, but after minimal comforting he wriggled out of my hold and went straight for the stick and puck again. I think we are in trouble! Hockey wasn't something I expected my kids to be interested in, but M kept saying "Mom, I LOVE hockey."


D loved being able to skate fast while she pushed the bin.

No comments:
Post a Comment