Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I finally finished painting the kitchen on Tuesday. It feels so good to have it done and I love the color. Now on to the next project.







Random pictures of the kids. Steve bought me a new camera for Christmas and I have been using it a lot to try and see what it can do.





M gets a new member of the Peanut gang each year for his birthday from Grandma and Papa S. He had put them to sleep on his pillow on the floor one day for naps. Cute!



D was home from school two days last week because she was running a fever, so we decided to do some crafts. The kids made Christmas trees using their handprints.





Our friends Ron and Jennifer gave each of the kids an advent calendar filled with a chocolate for each day. The kids were so excited to open the "window" and eat a chocolate on December 1st. The morning of the 2nd, D went into M's room to wake him up and Steve heard her say, "Mommy said you're only supposed to eat one a day! You're not supposed to eat all of them!" Apparantly, he got hungry during the middle of the night, took out his flashlight, and proceeded to have a midnight snack of chocolates. There were 4 left, but only because he got frustrated when he couldn't pop one of the chocolates out. My funny little boy. I'm surprised he didn't have a stomach ache the next morning. M does love chocolate--I guess now I know better than to leave a box of chocolates in his room with him.



Steve helped M put together the race car he got for his bithday while the kids watched Saturday morning TV. As you can see, they are glued to the TV. They had never watched Saturday morning TV before. I found it ironic that at every commercial break, there was some PSA about "Get up and move your body. Get outside and play!"



D is in the choir on Wednesday evenings and they had their first performance at the services this past Sunday. She did a great job singing and it was fun to see her up there. (Sorry for the bad red eye. Whatever setting I had it on was not good for red eye!)









Eating doughnuts after church.





The kids talked about going sledding all the way home from church, so they changed into snow suits and we headed outside. It was cold, but a nice cold where you could be outside and play comfortably for a while. The kids went sledding, then proceeded to make snow angels, wrestle with each other, and their favorite--eat the snow. (Steve was at the Vikings/Broncos game with a friend).





















No comments:

Post a Comment