Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend at the Cabin

We spent Labor Day Weekend at the cabin and our friends Ron and Jennifer plus their 4-year old son came up for part of the time. Jennifer helped me finish the project I had started the last time we were up--the fire pit! We had a great time digging it out, gathering rocks from our land, and arranging them.







When a neighbor came by and saw how big I was originally making it, she said I needed to make it bigger and dig it out by one more foot. Now Steve insists it joins the Great Wall of China as being the only structures visible from space. Jen and I think it's the perfect size.



The kids entertained themselves for about 30 minutes on the 4-wheeler just sitting on it and pretending to drive.



Now that we have that fire pit done, let's make s'mores!









On Monday, we put together the picnic table we had brought up July 1st, but of course it never made it to the cabin that weekend. Unfortunately, the directions were a little vague and we ended up taking it apart and putting it back together like three times. It's done now though! I think we will really like having it up there for outdoor meals.



We decided to break in the picnic table and make an outdoor lunch of some tonga pies over the fire. We had ham and cheese sandwiches and apple pies for dessert. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment