Friday, September 30, 2011

Hearing Kids Day at MOA

M showing off his letter B skills.



We finally pulled out the ugly bushes in front of our house. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. They were not attractive looking and were so overgrown it was difficult to walk on the sidewalk leading up to our front door.





The kids loved "helping" Steve on the tractor.





I think the front looks better bare than with the bushes, but we will of course plant something new and more attractive looking there.



D's audiologist sponsored a Hearing Kids Day at the Mall of America. We were treated to lunch, time to schmooze with Sponge Bob Square Pants and Patrick, and free five hour passes to the rides.





The kids loved going on the rides.









M didn't like the car D picked out, even though they are all exactly the same, and was pouting, wanting to chose his own. This little girl seized the opportunity to hop in with D. D was happy to have another little girl sit by her and she followed D on the next couple of rides we went on. When we left that section of rides to move on, we realized she had followed us without letting her grandma know. When we told her she needed to go back to her grandma, who we could see in the distance and still thought she was in line for a different ride, she said "I'm ok. I want to go with you guys." Oops. I guess that's how some kids get lost! We quickly walked her back to grandma, who had just realized she actually wasn't in line for the ride she was watching.





More rides.









We had our friends that helped Steve cut wood up at the cabin over for dinner on Thursday. The kids all had a "picnic" on the play room floor because of our limited living space. They seemed to like it!



C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...(great, now I have that song stuck in my head!)

No comments:

Post a Comment