Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

D and M love playing Beauty and the Beast. Usually M is the beast, but today this was their version of dressing him up to be a prince.



We went ice skating again on Sunday. Even though it's frigidly cold out, the kids need to get outside and play. And they love it. I am excited for when we don't need an extra 15 mintues in our schedule just to get dressed and out the door. I'm dreaming of days of flip flops and no jackets, mittens, hats, scarves, boots, snowpants, etc., etc., etc.,...





D got her hearing aids last Friday. She loves them (they're pink and purple, what's not to love?) and even got to decorate them with special reusable stickers. She said she can hear better and scored in the normal range on her hearing test. She's been really good about taking good care of them and putting them "to bed" in their special cases at night.



Steve and I have both had recent job changes. He is working a second job a couple of nights a week and I increased my hours by one more hour per day. We are both so happy our workplaces are flexible with our schedules and that we can do this without having the kids in day care. It does make life a little crazier now, but we are adjusting to the schedule.

Steve now spends more time with the kids in the morning while I'm working and is responsible for getting them up, fed, dressed, and all the stuff that goes with getting kids out the door in the morning. He has been very helpful and probably even gets them out the door earlier than I did for their ECFE, speech and MOPS classes. Thanks hubby!

That being said, fashion is the definite casualty of this new schedule. Tuesday I met Steve at M's speech school to pick up D and we headed straight to Target. As I started unbuckling her from her carseat, I noticed for the first time what she was wearing. She had on pink crocs, black tights, a striped t-shirt, and a skirt...okay, it wasn't technically a skirt. It was the slip-like crinoline that goes under one of her dance outfits to make it puffy. Totally see-through. And short. Very short. At least the lady behind us in the checkout line told D that she loved her skirt and thought it made her look like a princess. We usually pick an outfit out the night before to try and prevent such a thing from happening, but D decided to concoct this outfit all on her own. Steve just thought it looked like a regular skirt. I hope he's not saying that when she's 15 and walking out the door in an "interesting" outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment