This past Saturday, D and I went to the St. Paul Farmer's Market with our neighbor and her daughter. There were a lot of flowers, spinach, asparagus, green onions, herbs, honey, and rhubarb. I had a hankering for something made with rhubarb and when Steve confided that he had three helpings of the rhubarb crisp at the block party last week, that cinched the deal. I bought a large bunch and since it was rather fall-like here this past weekend, it was perfect timing to do some baking. I made a rhubarb crisp and added in some fresh raspberries. It was so yummy! We topped it with some vanilla ice cream and everyone loved it. I also made some rhubarb bread. Again, yum-a-licious! We definitely need to plant rhubarb in our own garden next year.
We also got some flavored honey sticks from one of the vendors. D is enjoying a strawberry one in the picture above.
On Sunday, we met some friends for a local park dedication. We stayed through the program in order to see the final puppet show, just in time for a little spring shower. The kids were enthralled by the show and loved that they got to go in back and try out the puppets for themselves. The rain was so light it really didn't bother us at all. Hopefully we'll return to warmer weather soon.

I love Rhubarb crisp. I am surprised that the kids like the tartness but I guess if you add enough sugar anything tastes good. Andy doesn't like rhubarb so if I make a pan of rhubarb crisp guess who eats it!! Too many points. I love looking at the blog. Keep it coming. This morning I saw a newborn fawn...so precious. It could hard walk on its wobbly feet. Momma dear is not too attentive to it...she must be a new mom. Amy and I are going to hike Section 16 this morning. 5 miles of difficult hiking. She is needing to get in shape for her trek in New Zealand. How was the camp?
ReplyDelete